Jim Whitaker is a managing partner of the family owned and operated Trinity Farms, in McGehee, Arkansas. He is a fifth-generation family farmer. Jim along with his brother Sam, also produce corn, soybeans, and cotton.
Jim has worked with the Boys and Girls Club of McGehee in various positions of coaching and serving on the steering committee. Jim served as a school board member from 2001- 2013 and served as school board president 2011-2013.
Presently, Jim is a member of the Arkansas Rice Farmers Board, USA Rice Farmers Conservation Committee, Sustainability Committee, and Domestic Promotion Committee, as well as the Arkansas Rice Research and Promotion Board.
Jim’s awards and achievements include but are not limited to:
- Jim is a 1993 graduate of the Arkansas Army Military Academy.
- In 2001, the Whitaker Brothers were named Desha County Farm Family of the Year.
- Jim is a former graduate of the 2010 USA Rice Leadership Program.
- Jim was named the 2012 Rice Farmer of the Year.
- Jim was named the 2014 National Rice Conservationist of the Year.
- Whitaker Farms was recognized in 2016 as the first farmers globally to sell carbon credits for rice.
- Jim was the recipient of the 2017 USA Rice Sustainability Award.